The Trans States Maintenance Team plays a vital role in ensuring the safety of our passengers and is a key driver of the airline’s operational performance. We offer an industry-leading pay scale and pay for experience. We are currently hiring licensed A&P mechanics for our St. Louis, Chicago, Denver, Louisville, Springfield, and Moline.
CompensationHourly pay for Trans States mechanics is among the highest in the regional airline industry. Additional benefits include a $3,000 signing bonus in select markets, as well as up to $5,000 in annual retention benefits. Experienced mechanics in certain locations can earn up to $62,000 in total compensation during their first year with the company.
- Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must have the legal right to accept employment in the United States
- Must be able to provide your own tools
- Must hold an FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- FCC license helpful, but not required
- Complete and receive a negative result on a DOT pre-employment drug test (position is also subject to random testing)
- Must be able to successfully pass a background screening
- Must be able to work any shift
- Must be able to read and converse fluently in English
Partnership with Sonic Tools
Trans States' exclusive partnership with Sonic Tools allows our mechanics to work smarter, faster, and more efficiently during their shifts. Trans States mechanics can order Sonic tools online and have them shipped directly within 24-hours. Sonic Tools also offers a 25% discount to Trans States mechanics.
Trans States values your skills and training. Trans States can help you convert your military experience into a civilian career as an aircraft mechanic.
- Apply for an Aircraft Maintenance Technician position with Trans States and receive a conditional job offer upon successful completion of the interview process.
- Request your training records prior to your separation date. A DD-214 form is required, though training records are preferred.
- Trans States will facilitate a meeting with the FAA to have your military experience reviewed. If your experience qualifies, the FAA will issue a certificate of eligibility that allows you to take the Airframe and/or Powerplant (A & P) exam.
- Prepare for the exam by using your VA benefits to take a refresher course (optional).
- Upon passing the exam, start your new career as a Trans States mechanic at one of our locations around the country.
Please see flyer for maintenance pay and benefits details.
Maintenance Apprentice Program
Our Maintenance Apprentice Program offers paid training to aspiring Aviation Maintenance Technicians, discounted tools, and a guaranteed job with Trans States upon completion of training. Apprentices will spend five-weeks in the classroom and enter on-the-job training for 18-21 months. Each participant is assigned an experienced mentor to guide their experience and career. Click here to apply.
- 18 – 24 month program
- Paid Training!
- $10.10 classroom training (7 weeks)
- $12.10 on-the-job training
- $1.00 increase at 12 months (performance based)
- $21.10 upon obtaining A&P License, plus $2,000 in annual retention payments
- Professional tools provided with the opportunity to purchase tools at a significant discount upon program completion
Maintenance Recruiting Events
Questions regarding aircraft maintenance careers at Trans States may be directed to: email@example.com