Return to Main Pilot Page
Thank you for your service! Trans States Airlines values your skills and training. Launch your post-military flying career at Trans States, where you'll enjoy quick advancement and top-tier pay.
A few years out of the cockpit? Being a commercial pilot is still within reach. Meet First Officer Rick Brantley, a retired Navy pilot who started his commercial airline career after 7 years away from flying.
Military Pilot Qualifications
- FAA commercial pilot's license with instrument and multi-engine ratings
- ATP or R-ATP eligible
- Military fixed wing pilots need 750 hours total time
- Military rotor pilots need 750 hours total time that must include 250 hours fixed wing time
- Minimum 25 hours multi-engine
- A current first class FAA medical certificate
- A current ATP written (company covers cost of ATP-CTP for successful candidates)
- Current valid passport
- FCC Radio Operator's Permit
- Legal right to work in, and travel freely in and out of, the United States